How to use VuVa™ Vaginal Dilators
For best results use VuVa™ vaginal dilators 1-2 times a day.
Before Use: Wash dilators with a mild, fragrance-free soap and warm water. Let the dilators air dry.
Start by testing the smaller size VuVa™ vaginal dilators to see which size you are comfortable inserting. You may find that when you are first starting to use dilators, you can only tolerate the tip and that is normal. Increase dilator size only after you can insert current size dilator with ease.
- Lubricate the VuVa™ vaginal Dilator and vagina opening generously with a lubricant your choice. IMPORTANT: Do not use petroleum jelly (e.g. Vaseline).
- In a private place, preferably a bed, lie on your back or in the fetal position. Bend both knees and spread your legs apart. Taking calm breaths, relax your body. Using gentle pressure, insert the smaller round end of the dilator into your vagina. Make sure that the dilator shaft is inserted as deeply as is comfortable for you. Do not insert entire dilator: leave larger, round flat end outside of vaginal opening.
IMPORTANT: Do not walk around with dilator inserted. Do not use dilators during sexual intercourse.
- Remain lying on your back while the VuVa™ Dilator is in place. Leave it in for 20-30 minutes (the longer the better) before taking it out. You may have to hold dilator in place, as your vaginal muscles may try to push it out.
- When you can insert smaller vaginal dilator with ease, you may progress up to the next size within the same session. Your muscles should be relaxed. Moving to the next size dilator should then be easier. Note: progressing up in size may take days or weeks to complete comfortably.
- Wash the dilators after use with mild, fragrance-free soap and warm water. Let the dilators air dry.
To learn more about the benefits of VuVa Magnetic Dilators, click here.